PDA

View Full Version : So, is Hastings Happening or not?

Dave 90TT
07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm trying to figure out if the USMC will let me off for the weekend to drive up to Hastings Aug25-26. My question is, is this event going to happen? If so, when is the registration going to open?

Dave

cullenwinter
07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I didn't even know that there was a question about it. Hastings will be my spec944 debut (YAHOOO !!) Not to mention what a great guy George is, oh and the BUS !! :D Hastings will be grand, I missed you folks this weekend :(

Dave 90TT
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Only reason I ask is because i haven't seen anything in the forums about it, other the the two threads, and registration is not open.

BADVENM
07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
They'll open up registration shortly. Its a given that it will occur...I think :)

Great meeting you this past weekend Dave!!

bpanther
07-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Give me another day or two... I'll post when it opens.

Typically, we open it about 4 weeks before the event.

Dave 90TT
07-23-2007, 04:04 PM
They'll open up registration shortly. Its a given that it will occur...I think :)

Great meeting you this past weekend Dave!!

And you, too.

Dave 90TT
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Give me another day or two... I'll post when it opens.

Typically, we open it about 4 weeks before the event.

No sweat, I just wanted to make sure, since I have to get some time off.

leggwork
07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
you were there in spirit Cullen - your name showed up mysteriously on the group 4 results for the first couple of sessions ... :)
bruce

I didn't even know that there was a question about it. Hastings will be my spec944 debut (YAHOOO !!) Not to mention what a great guy George is, oh and the BUS !! :D Hastings will be grand, I missed you folks this weekend :(

fhudsonjr
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm trying to figure out if the USMC will let me off for the weekend to drive up to Hastings Aug25-26. My question is, is this event going to happen? If so, when is the registration going to open?

Dave
Dave, I didn't meet you, but Semper Fi, Marine!

cullenwinter
07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
you were there in spirit Cullen - your name showed up mysteriously on the group 4 results for the first couple of sessions ... :)
bruce

Cool ! How were my lap times ? Did I finally make it down to 1:50 ? Cheers

leggwork
07-24-2007, 09:49 AM
actually, your name made it to mylaps as well - 1:52's I think. ;)

Lee Hodgson
07-24-2007, 11:36 AM

Hi Cullen,
If you get a chance, run your 944 at a hot laps day or something to work out any bugs before the long trip. My maiden event didn't go very well.

cullenwinter
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks Lee, I think I might be able to get a day in at Sandia. I need to check out their schedule. If not, there are a couple of twisty's with no population that I can thrash the car around, to see what I can break ! Sorry you didn't get out on track much this weekend.

svochuck
07-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Cullens car was used at pueblo in march where it did great !

cullenwinter
07-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, but I wasn't hamfisting it around !!

I figure if I can break stuff off a car that's built like a tank (Subaru), a dainty little German car could be in trouble. ;)

bpanther
08-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks again to everyone who has been hammering on the various forums, etc. It looks like we're hitting critical mass and we will reach our minimum number.

WE ARE ON!!!!

As I was telling someone in a PM, we may come up short entries but everyone who attends is going to have an AWESOME time. Hastings is one of the best tracks in the area and George is always willing to go above and beyone to make sure we are taken care of.

This will most likely be one of the funnest weekends you've ever attended. Not just because of movie night and the waterpark - but we have good on track stuff in store as well. Because we are a bit low on race entries it looks like I'll combine into one race group. Yes, CMC will have it's shot at the 944 kids and expect the Hanksville challenge to be a VERY cool thing . The extra time in the schedule also means that we've got room to toss in an extra HPDE session (5 total) on Saturday. Sunday we'll finish up a bit early and get everybody on the road!!!

svochuck
08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Boom !!! Bam !!! Yea !

Nasa Is Awesome !!!!!

Dave 90TT
08-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I am definitely looking forward to it; new shoes on my G, g=Force R1's, which, according to the review I just read in Grassroots MS magazine, are very sticky, and very easy to drive! Should be a good weekend.

ianacole
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I am definitely looking forward to it; new shoes on my G, g=Force R1's, which, according to the review I just read in Grassroots MS magazine, are very sticky, and very easy to drive! Should be a good weekend.

I will be very curious to hear your opinion.