PDA

View Full Version : Results

bpanther
08-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Man.... That was some GREAT racing :D

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=243072

Coloradomark
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Are you posting this while you're driving back Dave? Great weekend, I especially enjoyed the Hanksville Challenge race today! Happy 40th!

BADVENM
08-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Had a great time doing corner worker duty. The big red Nebraska truck met and slightly exceeded reserve on ebay saturday night so hopefully it will be going to its new home in Boulder, Colorado...once the funds are in the bank :)

Lots of action in all of the race groups, I had a great view being stationed in turn 3, the fastest part of the track. Turns 9 and 11 got even more action!

Weston
08-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Wow, that was quick. Thanks!

RichV
08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Long drive. Great Weekend!!! Weather was perfect. Facility is top notch! Those bathrooms are cleaner than the ones at home!!!

Thanks to everyone that made this possible! The folks at MPH were great. Bacardi Bus was a hoot! Happy 40th Dave.

Tommy55
08-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks Dave and Revkah. The best time I have had. Perfect racing conditions, great track, great hosts. Thank you to all the corner workers, safety crew, and everyone at mph. ;)

delSolLS
08-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Great event!! The Hanksville Challenge was a lot of fun.

To everyone I checked up with my braking into the fast corners (3,4 & 8)--sorry about that. I promise to get better.

Newbie mistakes really showed up on MPH- tendency to early apex, WAY too much brakes into the fast stuff, not looking far enough ahead and a little too much imbibing made for a sub par performance on my part.

The worst day on the track still leaves me with a perma grin afterwards.

Looking forward to the next time I can race with everyone- I will do better (no wide eyes for the car coming up behind me in fast corners- Dave Dirks, Black Miata-Mark? and most likely countless American Iron cars).

Thanks for the great time!!

dmdirks
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Tim,

You did a great job this weekend! You certainly didn't go off-roading as much as I did! :o

What a blast this weekend was. Thanks to everyone!!!

rlavende
08-27-2007, 11:02 AM
What a terrific weekend! Thanks to Dave, Revkah, officials, and workers...and especially George for providing a clean, safe, venue with usual Nebraska hospitality.

Rich

95sprtcpedrvr
08-27-2007, 11:59 AM
We need to have more challenges like the Hanksville challenge!
The view I had from that awesome S/F stand gave me front row sightings of virtually all the excursions that was made.
Tough break on that entry into T1, Tommy. Hairy Scary moments but very entertaining!
As I get more seat time it is changing on how I look at things from the S/F position. Fun for all this past weekend and will be seeing you all in Sandia!

BADVENM
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
If the Cobra had one more lap I think he may have caught the Toyota, good stuff.

Not related to the challenge but I hope the RX7 who's hood flew up into the windshield while going full throttle into turn 3 is doing ok. Needless to say I'm sure he had his hands full with that one!!

It was interesting to see all the various groups and their race lines coming into and out of turn 3.

MR_X
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
What a great weekend. I'm just happy I improved almost every session. With a little more time out there I think I could have made it into the 14X's. There's always next year I guess.

CMC#35
08-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Whoa! Great times by all of the AI drivers on Sunday. And kudos to Raybob - he's a total team player.

-chris

95sprtcpedrvr
08-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Whoa! Great times by all of the AI drivers on Sunday. And kudos to Raybob - he's a total team player.

-chris

Heyyyyyyy!
Why weren't you out there Sunday???

95sprtcpedrvr
08-27-2007, 09:50 PM
If the Cobra had one more lap I think he may have caught the Toyota, good stuff.

If I remember correctly he did pass the MR-2 to take 2nd.

MHISSTC
08-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Well, that makes it depressingly official. :(

Of all the cars running with transponders, the Rustang and I officailly have the slowest "fastest lap" time of the weekend: 2:00.270 with an average speed of 65.852 mph.

With a pre-modded baseline like that, I can't help but run faster once the modifications begin. Some of the track wokers comments about the car I managed to eavesdrop in on were classic. :p

supermac
08-28-2007, 07:56 AM

Of all the cars running with transponders, the Rustang and I officailly have the slowest "fastest lap" time of the weekend: 2:00.270 with an average speed of 65.852 mph.

With a pre-modded baseline like that, I can't help but run faster once the modifications begin. Some of the track wokers comments about the car I managed to eavesdrop in on were classic. :p

Dude don't worry about it the speed will come and besides think of the head start you would have gotten in the Hanksville Challenge!:eek:

supermac
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM

-chris

For sure, RayBob you are the man!

ker
08-28-2007, 09:01 AM

preparation for sandbagging for the next hanksville challenge ;)

CMC#35
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Heyyyyyyy!
Why weren't you out there Sunday???

No brakes. I know I could have used my brother racers to slow me down - that's what bumpers are for, right? - but it just didn't seem like the thing to do...

-chris