PDA

View Full Version : Registration is Open!!!!

bpanther
09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Let's give it a shot. We need the 65 entries by Saturday Oct 6th at 6pm.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=483

cullenwinter
09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
As you know, I'm in like Flint !! I won't, however, be a paid entrant until the 12th (hockey registration for my girl is a priority)

I'm going down there to run the car on Sat., (Wallace Bow open track day) and the Corvette club will be there this weekend also. I will use every ounce of my persuasiveness to get all the drivers in attendance to join us for our weekend. I'll hammer the other forums as well with this news. Thanks Dave

CMC#35
09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Dave,

Count me in via the FastPass; last one, I think.

-chris

bobcowan
09-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Woo-Hoo!

Count me in, both days. FastPass please.

Already have hotel reservations, time off work, and goofing off plans.

chris_venturini
09-25-2007, 02:49 PM
registering now

leggwork
09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't see an Instructor choice.
bruce

RichV
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm in, please fast pass me Dave.

HPDE3, unless the Comp School is in session.

:D, I'm so jonesin for some track time.

mitchntx
09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
What is the weekend schedule for a Texan showing up with a really slow CMC car?

Fastpass is a pre-paid registration?

bpanther
09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Fast Passes are done (Rich are you ready for comp school???), I fixed the instructor signup and Mitch we would gladly welcome you and all your cats with open arms!!!

We will most likely do a typical practice/qual/qual race/main race each day. Bring more Texans!!!

ker
09-25-2007, 07:53 PM
i'm signed up.:D

RichV
09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
(Rich are you ready for comp school???)

Yes. If we do one great, if not, I'll do the next one.

supermac
09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
As you know, I'm in like Flint !! I won't, however, be a paid entrant until the 12th (hockey registration for my girl is a priority)

I'm going down there to run the car on Sat., (Wallace Bow open track day) and the Corvette club will be there this weekend also. I will use every ounce of my persuasiveness to get all the drivers in attendance to join us for our weekend. I'll hammer the other forums as well with this news. Thanks Dave

Cullen I don't know you and I should probably keep my mouth shut but this is lame! You call all of us out about not going to Sandia, when I didn't see you make the tow to our other far off events. And when it comes time to man up and register for your home event and show your support you bail and say when it is good for you.

Don't bother calling us out for not making a commitment next time cause I sure as hell won't respond and I am sure many others feel the same way.

Snymo
09-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Cullen I don't know you and I should probably keep my mouth shut but this is lame!

:confused: Hey Cody, you might want to read Cullen's post again. Unless I read it wrong, he will be at Sandia he just can't pay until the 12th because of other finacial obligations. As for making the tow, he drives up (6+ hours) to CO everytime we have an event. He didn't make Hastings, if I recall correctly, because his new track car was having a cage put in. So, correct me if I'm wrong but I think you missed something!

Rick

zvtran
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Just registered - both days!:D

Zung

cullenwinter
09-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks Rick. Actually I missed MAM, Pueblo and Hastings getting $$ together for the car and cage, then waiting for the cage. It was "lame" just because I haven't been driving. :(

Even though I'll be running the cake-mobile on stock suspension, and no major mechanical work, I'll be ready to pass tech, and will be at Sandia for our NASA weekend, and am going down on Sat to run it with the vette club, and hopefully get some more NM drivers to join us.

No, I won't be able to pay reg $$ until the 12th, which is past Dave's deadline of the 6th, but I think he knows how much I'm looking forward to this, and can count on me as a paid entry. I'll also be doing everything I can to make sure it doesn't get canceled.

Maybe the "fear of walls" I've mentioned has ruffled a few feathers !! By the way, congrats on the good showing at Ohio, Cody

Hey Rich did you post on that AZ forum ? Thanks

mitchntx
09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
I have to decide on this event or my regional event the next weekend in Houston.

I hate Houston ...

supermac
09-26-2007, 05:33 AM
Maybe I misunderstood his post, I dunno. Just seems like if you are going to bust everyone's chops you should be the first in line, that's all. I am very aware of the frinancial commitment it take to do this, it sucks sometimes.
Thanks for congrats Cullen!

Mitch, are you serious? Cause I will tow just to see your smilimg face.

CMC#35
09-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Fastpass is a pre-paid registration?

Yes. At the beginning of the season, Dave offerred us a chance to pre-pay for 4 events, at a reasonable discount.

Mitch - it would be WAY cool to see you there. I hate Houston too... (especially when the schedule gets screwed up and they make us race in the dark.)

-chris

RichV
09-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Hey Rich did you post on that AZ forum ? Thanks

http://forums.clubracingaz.com/showthread.php?p=7809#post7809

I did, but response has been...well none. :(

I did have a guy PM me about the comp school, but that was it.

Tommy55
09-26-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm in.
Raybob, Cody, Kent, Kyle, Shawn, Shane, Fezz, Chris, Malcom, Johnny, Billy, Paul, Steve, Fred, Harry, and anyone else????? Let's do it. Probably the last HOORAAA of the year.
Had to move this to here.
Mitch come on over and bring the rest of the guys with you.
Especially Corey. I have something for him.
Cody, pull the restictor plate and come AI. I will help you with whatever.

MattB
09-26-2007, 07:29 AM
I'll register Friday, thats payday lol...

cullenwinter
09-26-2007, 08:05 AM
http://forums.clubracingaz.com/showthread.php?p=7809#post7809

I did, but response has been...well none. :(

I did have a guy PM me about the comp school, but that was it.

Thanks Rich, I reposted on all the forums I've been hitting that registration is open with hopes that will bring out a few drivers. I e-mailed Soren Lorree and Bob Lee from SWMS last night too, since those are the two that actually have some racer buddies. I don't know if either will help out the NASA cause :rolleyes: There's a couple of tuner shops I'm going to spam as well.

Dave 90TT
09-26-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm in, registered HPDE 3, and I am trying to get all the local Z/G guys to go as well. Might havesome takers.

Dave

mitchntx
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm in.

It'll probably be just me, if at all. There is a contingent headed the other direction to Barber. And others have a regional battle to settle.

Damn ... I just looked ... it's an 11 hour pull!!!!! and most of it through picturesque oeste Tejas ... :rolleyes:

raybob9289
09-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm in.
Raybob, Cody, Kent, Kyle, Shawn, Shane, Fezz, Chris, Malcom, Johnny, Billy, Paul, Steve, Fred, Harry, and anyone else????? Let's do it. Probably the last HOORAAA of the year.
Had to move this to here.
Cody, pull the restictor plate and come AI. I will help you with whatever.

Tommy,
I havn't even got my engine apart from Hasting.

Tommy55
09-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Tommy,

What's the holdup. Besides Cash. I am pretty sure you can get the heads milled for a couple hundies.

dfezz12
09-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Sorry dudes - We are done for 2007 - The kids sports have cleaned me out...$$$$$. The down time will give me a chance to buy tires, shocks, complete the front
PBRs and secret squirrel upgrades to the motor compartment;) . Will be back for a run at the CMC crown in 2008!

Evil86Saleen
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm sitting at 50/50.

Time off from work isnt a problem as I ask for it as soon as the new schedules are up.

Money is the biggest issue right now, and then I would need to borrow a trailer however Cody did offer one up so that should be taken care of.

kyle

Evil86Saleen
09-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Tommy,

Dude. Is your phone on the fritz or what. I left ya a few messages.

lol. Take the green machine and see if you have better luck chasing down Cody and Chris than me. :D

kyle

Weston
09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm signed up. For future reference, is there any other way to register for events?

That website is really pissing me off, and they need to fix something if they want me to keep using it...

It keeps saving my credit card info (even though I uncheck the box for that every damn time), so whenever I go to register for a new event, it shows me (or anyone who might happen to get into my account) all of the numbers for my credit card along with the expiration date, my name and address, my driver's license number, etc. It happens to be my debit card that they have on file, so that's a pretty big problem for me. And if that weren't bad enough, it shows all of this over an unsecured connection... you specifically have to add "https" to the URL if you want it to be secured. But if you do that in the middle of the order process, it skips a step on you, so in my case, this event ended up being paid for with a different card than I wanted to use.

Edit: I just tried to e-mail webmaster@nasaproracing.com about this and it failed because it's not setup right. :rolleyes:

MHISSTC
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
It keeps saving my credit card info (even though I uncheck the box for that every damn time), so whenever I go to register for a new event, it shows me (or anyone who might happen to get into my account) all of the numbers for my credit card along with the expiration date, my name and address, my driver's license number, etc.

Do you need to delete some cookies on your machine, or perhaps leave some in place that you might be deleting?

Weston
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM
It's not a cookie issue. I can log in from anywhere with any machine and it'll show me all of my Visa card info every time that I go to register for an event. It's definitely stored by them. I don't mean to cast the NASA national people in a negative light, but there really is a problem here and it also indicates a deeper technical issue which hackers commonly take advantage of, so they can either fix it (which is easy to do) or I'll find another way to register for events.

bpanther
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
It's not a cookie issue. I can log in from anywhere with any machine and it'll show me all of my Visa card info every time that I go to register for an event. It's definitely stored by them. I don't mean to cast the NASA national people in a negative light, but there really is a problem here and it also indicates a deeper technical issue which hackers commonly take advantage of, so they can either fix it (which is easy to do) or I'll find another way to register for events.

I'll see if I can get it cleared. Yes, once you select the "save my CC" button it stays permanent.

Weston
09-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks Dave.

mitchntx
09-29-2007, 12:30 AM
While it would be a blast, I have to work on the 13th and our last regional is on the 27th.

Too much travel to cram into a short 2 weeks.

Maybe next year.

judgeguns
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi Gang!

Have room for one more out of state guy? Want to sign up for Sandia. ;)

Ran with the AZ NASA guys along with the SECC at PIR last week. Had three different NASA instructors and all were very good.

This would be my 4th HPDE all three before were on three separate tracks: Firebird east, Firebird west and PIR:cool:

I did corner work at the main track at Firebird , that was a blast !

So I am hooked and need more seat time bad! what do i need to get first? A NASA membership? and where should i tech my car in Phoenix AZ? It was teched at PIR last week and passed with flying colors :D

let me know thanks!

zvtran
10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi Gang!

Have room for one more out of state guy? Want to sign up for Sandia. ;)

Ran with the AZ NASA guys along with the SECC at PIR last week. Had three different NASA instructors and all were very good.

This would be my 4th HPDE all three before were on three separate tracks: Firebird east, Firebird west and PIR:cool:

I did corner work at the main track at Firebird , that was a blast !

So I am hooked and need more seat time bad! what do i need to get first? A NASA membership? and where should i tech my car in Phoenix AZ? It was teched at PIR last week and passed with flying colors :D

let me know thanks!

Unfortunately, the Sandia event has been cancelled due to inadequate numbers of drivers registered. :mad: However, the next Rocky Mt NASA event is Nov 10/11 at Pueblo. So sign up! You do need to be a NASA member. I think you can get your car teched at any good shop in Phoenix. Just download the tech form from the NASA site. [ http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html ] Hope to see you there! :D

Zung

judgeguns
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately, the Sandia event has been cancelled due to inadequate numbers of drivers registered. :mad: However, the next Rocky Mt NASA event is Nov 10/11 at Pueblo. So sign up! You do need to be a NASA member. I think you can get your car teched at any good shop in Phoenix. Just download the tech form from the NASA site. [ http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html ] Hope to see you there! :D

Zung

little too far for a phoenix guy :( Darn was really looking forward to it :mad:

judgeguns
10-15-2007, 08:05 PM
you guys should post on corvetteforum.com and LS1tech.com buncha guys there do HPDE's :D

email me and i wll post a bunch up for you guys ;)

jeffburch
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Dave, everytime I talk to Tony G. (Nat'l CMC Director) he mentions the desire to have an event somewhere between us (Tx) and them (Ca.). In our most resent conversation, I mentioned a 3 region Rivalry including you RM dudes. Maybe ya'll should get together and plan a Sandia gig for next year.

Regards,
jb

bpanther
10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Dave, everytime I talk to Tony G. (Nat'l CMC Director) he mentions the desire to have an event somewhere between us (Tx) and them (Ca.). In our most resent conversation, I mentioned a 3 region Rivalry including you RM dudes. Maybe ya'll should get together and plan a Sandia gig for next year.

Regards,
jb

Two choices - Miller (SLC), a bit far for TX folks. Genoa, a bit far for CA folks but closer to the "middle".

Genoa is best !!!! Nobody will have a home field advantage as it will be brand new.

95sprtcpedrvr
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Two choices - Miller (SLC), a bit far for TX folks. Genoa, a bit far for CA folks but closer to the "middle".

Genoa is best !!!! Nobody will have a home field advantage as it will be brand new.

Will Genoa be ready next year??? With a cured track???

:eek: :cool:

leggwork
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
no, its gonna be sick! arrhh, arrhh

bpanther
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Have faith brother!!!! My trick elbow and pet tarantula say we will be running at Genoa in 2008.

Also, High Plains will be ready by July... everybody is booking dates there. We've asked for a weekend and are awiting an answer from their power at be. No comment from any joints or animals on this project yet.

cullenwinter
10-22-2007, 06:51 PM
no, its gonna be sick! arrhh, arrhh

Someone, please get help for this man !! :D

95sprtcpedrvr
10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mama!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh mama!!!
I definitely want to get in on Genoa!

I think Bruce is tossing his cookies from excitement or he is extremely late for the "Talk Like A Pirate Day".