PDA

View Full Version : Mhisstc Auto

MHISSTC
10-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome to MHISSTC AUTO!

...where you can find a used car...

...or a more used-ed-er car!

http://www.st-tel.net/~mhisstc/hazzard/MHISSTCAuto.jpg

We also specialize in electrical systems! What our technician (seen here) lacks in hygene, he makes up for in skill. He'll also work for just food and lodging.

http://www.st-tel.net/~mhisstc/hazzard/wires.jpg

Munch
10-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Please tell me you're going to turn that primered 65 (or 64.5?) coupe into a track dog...or is it just waiting in the queue for Jiffy Lube?

Special Ed GT
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah, what's the story with the early Stang? :)

supermac
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Ok I am calling shenanigans (:rolleyes:) on this guy. Always blaming not showing up on cash and he has the Fort Knox of Mustangs in his front yard.:confused: Sell some of that crap and come racing.

Snymo
10-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Well, when you only pay like $50/each for the cars it's not that much out of pocket. But, when they look like this on the inside, it takes 6 months just to get them running again! ;)

http://www.st-tel.net/~mhisstc/hazzard/wires.jpg

Rick

MHISSTC
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Sell some of that crap and come racing.

Yup!! Tell me about it.

Every one of them has a story behind it.

Some of them were acquired before I ever got into the whole "NASA thing".

I also end up finding whole (or mostly whole) cars cheaper than the single parts I'm after. Why buy a used transmission for $700 when I can buy the whole car for $600? Why buy a salvage yard engine when I can buy a whole car for $400? If you total up what I paid for five or six of the cars, it's less than the price of a cage.

The only drawback is that I'm also short of time to pull the individual parts and reassemble them into whole cars.

what's the story with the early Stang?

That early 'Stang is a '66 Sprint 200. It's a rust-free(exluding surface rust) Arizona car that I had been eyeing in a back yard under a tarp for about 5 years. A junk yard engine is currently installed, but I do have the original engine on a stand in the shop. It has a completely rebuilt suspension and automatic transmission. It also came with lots of extra parts from the prior owners '65 that was totaled in an accident.

My wife was friends with the prior owners wife. The husband was injured at work and ended up changing jobs a few times before they decided to move back to New Mexico. They made the tough decision to sell the car. My wife told me about it, and I wanted it. But, after about a week of mulling it over I couldn't justify buying it. I moved on. A couple of days later she handed me an envelope and told me my birthday present was waiting for me and I had to go pick it up. Inside the envelope was the title for the '66 Mustang you see in the picture. I was excited to get it, but was kind of bummed at the same time because I knew I won't have the time and resources to dedicate to it for quite a while. That car and all the parts that came with it are probably worth more than all the other cars you see in my driveway put together.

Other than my wife giving it to me as a gift, I have no sentimental attachment to that car and would consider letting it go.

MHISSTC
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
shenanigans (:rolleyes:)

That's not what I read a few minutes ago. :D

supermac
10-24-2007, 11:33 AM
That's not what I read a few minutes ago. :D

Looks like I got "panthered", c'mon Dave I left out the bad parts.:rolleyes:

BADVENM
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
The working environment at MHISSTC Auto is interesting. Do you have a boss who is constantly on your back about something? This technician will literally lay on your back (or shoulders) while you work on the customers car, ensuring the job is done right. He doesnt say much other than an occasional meow, but if something is done wrong a sharp nail or two from his paw(s) is enough to get the message across.

CMC#35
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Lemme guess: did it begin with "b" and end with "t"? :p

-chris

ianacole
10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Lemme guess: did it begin with "b" and end with "t"? :p

-chris

And filled with "ullshi" :D

bpanther
10-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Geeze Cody, if *I* can't give you s__t... who will? :D

BADVENM
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Geeze Cody, if *I* can't give you s__t... who will? :D

Dave, did you get the pm I sent you regarding the RaceTech seat?

bpanther
10-24-2007, 03:58 PM
answering,....

Munch
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Other than my wife giving it to me as a gift, I have no sentimental attachment to that car and would consider letting it go.

I was hoping you might be considering putting it on the track. I had pipe dreams of turning my previous date-code matching 66 289 3spd into a track dog but quickly realized the stupid lack of financial logic in that.

Instead I sold it (to a New Zealander where it now resides) and bought the overgrown kart (miata) instead.

So, in essence, I was hoping I'd be able to live vicariously through you! (and your budget!)

MHISSTC
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I was hoping you might be considering putting it on the track. I had pipe dreams of turning my previous date-code matching 66 289 3spd into a track dog but quickly realized the stupid lack of financial logic in that.

Instead I sold it (to a New Zealander where it now resides) and bought the overgrown kart (miata) instead.

So, in essence, I was hoping I'd be able to live vicariously through you! (and your budget!)

I thought for a brief period of AIV, but discovered the same lack of financial logic. If you prefer, I'd happily reside on the other end of the vicarious living.

It's really a pretty solid car and deserves to be restored. I don't think I'd have the heart to be the one to gut it and race it. The original powder blue exterior and two tone blue interior have kind of grown on me in a groovey sixties kind of way.

MHISSTC
10-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes. It would be cool.

http://americanironracing.com/images/profiles/167.jpg

svochuck
10-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Yes. It would be cool.

http://americanironracing.com/images/profiles/167.jpg

I know what RayBob is thinking .... "I'd hit that" ;)

raybob9289
10-29-2007, 06:41 AM
I know what RayBob is thinking .... "I'd hit that" ;)

Thats weird that you would say that chuck. Because me
and Christian (Shriver) did do a little paint exchanging in the big show last year. I felt terrible and went directly to him to apologize after the race and he was so totally cool!

Munch
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes. It would be cool.

IMG

Yes. Come on...Doowit!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZGdi7Ty4) :D