PDA

View Full Version : Beware

Spec944 #143
11-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Beware in 2008

the Rat will have:

New motor (this time she will run right)
Camber Plates
Thicker sways
better driver (working with my Coach over the winter)

what are you doing to get better this winter?

chris_venturini
11-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Nice, we all need to step it up with the new competition coming from both sides of the rockies. ~20 drivers next season! :eek:

before pueblo i should have:
new bushings, welt and delrin (nice to have a functioning front sway)
new 30mm rear torsion bars
a decent alignment for once
misc reliability things

over winter:
new tires
drink beer
finish reading "going faster"
figure something out for the intake
hi-flow cat
koni's... finally
drink beer
play with spring rates (getting 300 - 400#)

Weston
11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
My car should be decently prepped by 2008...

Stuff I did right before Hastings
350 lb/in front coilovers
30mm rear torsion bars
A radiator that works
Fixed engine cutting out at 5000 RPM problem

New stuff for the Pueblo November 10/11 event
New head gasket
Cleaned piston tops and cylinder head
New rod bearings
Rear Koni Yellows
A little more weight reduction
A second video camera (see Chris drive into the dirt from two angles! :D )

Stuff planned for 2008
Front Koni Yellows (the ones I have are about dead)
Lightweight battery
Lightweight racing seat
All tar removed
New torsion tube bushings (mine are in real bad shape)
Maybe an aftermarket steering wheel
Hopefully a short 5th and maybe an LSD before the big Miller event

944-spec#94
11-01-2007, 12:36 PM
what are you doing to get better this winter?

Drive!

Here in Az we have an event after thanksgiving.

Then one on January, Febuary, March, April
By the time I show up to Miller I will have completed 10+ races between now and them. All that time you guys will be praying for the thaw! :p

Lee Hodgson
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Drive!

Here in Az we have an event after thanksgiving.

Then one on January, Febuary, March, April
By the time I show up to Miller I will have completed 10+ races between now and them. All that time you guys will be praying for the thaw! :p

We do have other hobbies that keep us "on the edge" over the winter; skiing, snowmobiling and slick pavement driving! I play more in the winter than summer.
However, Chuck, could we put together a semi of 944's and RM contingent of drivers to go to AZ for some fun in the desert? I'd go if we could get it resonable.

95sprtcpedrvr
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
My car should be decently prepped by 2008...

Stuff I did right before Hastings
350 lb/in front coilovers
30mm rear torsion bars
A radiator that works
Fixed engine cutting out at 5000 RPM problem

It did help reduce the amount of times you spun out Spinner!

New stuff for the Pueblo November 10/11 event
New head gasket
Cleaned piston tops and cylinder head
New rod bearings
Rear Koni Yellows
A little more weight reduction
A second video camera (see Chris drive into the dirt from two angles! :D )

We'll see how many times you spin out then.

Stuff planned for 2008
Front Koni Yellows (the ones I have are about dead)
Lightweight battery
Lightweight racing seat
All tar removed
New torsion tube bushings (mine are in real bad shape)
Maybe an aftermarket steering wheel
Hopefully a short 5th and maybe an LSD before the big Miller event

Hopefully, you won't be spinning out after getting this stuff in. :D ;)

chris_venturini
11-01-2007, 05:33 PM
ibt weston excuses

Weston
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
The nice thing about having a decently prepped car is that I don't have to constantly push my luck just to be able to keep up, so there should be less spins in the future.

If I do spin, my recovery plan is simple... just get in Chris' mirror and watch him drive himself right off the track. :o Now I'm sure he's going to come on here and whine about how his going sideways and dragging dirt all over the track is his "defensive line" that he learned from Chuck... :D

ker
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
The nice thing about having a decently prepped car is that I don't have to constantly push my luck just to be able to keep up:D

me too ;) :D

cullenwinter
11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Beware indeed ! I wlll actually make it on track....

My preparation will consist of having a car that runs. I will be rebuilding the front end as the engine goes in, so at least I'll have new ball joints, bushings, tie rods, wheel bearings etc. If the winter is good to me I'll try to go full-spec on the suspension, but budget, or lack thereof will dictate.

I too, would consider making it to an AZ event if my kid's hockey schedule allows. I'll hit some open track opportunities at Sandia and ASR to test out the car, or thrash the wagon to see if I remember how to drive. I'm working my way through the Ross Bentley books, Carrol Smith, and Bondurant also.

My physical regimen will be all about hockey, skate, skate, skate in circles and yell at other peoples children. I know you guys have all wondered how I keep myself in such awe-inspiring condition. Now you know my secret ! :D

svochuck
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
lets see ... drink beer (check) , read war and peace (nah) , loosen up my car (check) .

#67 tires less than 4 years old that should be all i need to wipe up you girls (no offence michelle) .

I'm just glad to see Todd over here on our forums . Thanks Todd.

BTW dirks (dave that is) was so mad about not getting the track record at Hastings he is doing a new engine ! he claims 300 HP and 300 torque.

ker
11-01-2007, 09:28 PM
BTW dirks (dave that is) was so mad about not getting the track record at Hastings he is doing a new engine ! he claims 300 HP and 300 torque.

ya think he can handle that much power??????????? maybe michelle should test drive it for him first :D

dmdirks
11-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Uh huh...:rolleyes:

So MY race prep strategy for Pueblo consists of putting gas in the car...(assuming I get the car finished.) You're going down, svodork!! :p

chris_venturini
11-01-2007, 10:57 PM
with gas prices soaring today it could be an expensive strategy....

BADVENM
11-01-2007, 11:11 PM
with gas prices soaring today it could be an expensive strategy....

Tell me about it, at Pueblo the SRT Ram was getting 3.9 mpg, a new record :) The old record was 4.0 mpg in Hastings last year.

After 2 days of racing (had to refill the tank or run out after a day and a half with a 25 gallon tank) the gas costs really ad up.

Add to that the replacement of a power steering pump (about $325) plus labor (many hours to get the old one out and new one in) after Pueblo earlier this year and I'm more then happy to now be in a CMC Mustang.

944-spec#94
11-02-2007, 07:55 AM
However, Chuck, could we put together a semi of 944's and RM contingent of drivers to go to AZ for some fun in the desert? I'd go if we could get it resonable.

I know our Az guys would love to have you come down and race with us. The tow is long, but there is a 95% chance of nice clear blue skies, sunshine and temps over 65F all winter long. There is a reason we survive through 110F summers down here. ;)

Our schedule for the winter and spring. BTW.. May will be either just bearable or hot. Kind of depends. The other events will be nice, but coming down for a 1 day is probably not worth it.

Nov 24,25 PIR (Last event in 2007 Schedule)

2008 Arizona Racing Schedule
** could Change

Month CRA/NASA Schedule

1- Jan 5/6 PIR
2- Feb Firebird West 9th (Saturday)
3- Mar 7/8 PIR
**4- Apr 5th FIR East (Saturday)
5- May 3/4 PIR
6- May 24th Night FIR Main
7- June Miller Motorsports Regional Event 13,14,15 (Cross-over with you guys! :D )

Special Ed GT
11-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Racing in January. Right on! :)

svochuck
11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Lets look at finding out how much it would cost for January. ?

ianacole
11-02-2007, 04:49 PM
How many GTS drivers do you regularly see (I can't get to the result pages on the site)?