PDA

View Full Version : Tire Service at Hastings

jaje
07-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Is there going to be a tire sponsor at Hastings? I'm likely going to need some new Toyos and would like to have the onsite tire provider order and bring them and quickly mount / rotate / balance.

jaje
07-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Just FYI for anyone who is interested in an answer to this. There will be no tire service at Hastings. There is however a local shop in town that should be able to do any tire work during the day.

jaje
08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Does anyone have the name and number of the tire shop in Hastings (close to the track) that will be able to provide tire changes and balancing?

ScottDenver
08-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I know this probably makes you shudder, but I have used the local WalMart Tire center in Hastings.

I drove my car there, took the wheels off one at a time (their lift couldn't get under my car) and rolled the wheels in for them to do it.

Do NOT let them drive your car into the rack. First, it probably won't fit but secondly I had a 16 year old kid nearly torch my clutch trying to get it in there.

It was absurdly cheap and they didn't destroy my 40-series Dot-R rubber. I actually got 9 days out of that set of tires.

The best part was that they are open till 8-9 pm or something like that.

79White
08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Garrett Tires and Treads is about 6 or 7 blocks due West of the track on South Street. They did a good job for me last year. Local owned. 1007 East South Street; 402-463-6222. Tom