PDA

View Full Version : 944

RichV
07-27-2008, 07:59 AM
http://denver.craigslist.org/car/771285634.html

Came across this surfing craigs. It looks better than 90% of your cars, so snap it up for some parts!! :D

svochuck
07-27-2008, 01:05 PM
wow that does look like a good deal ...

to make into a race car Michas car would be better but for hpde that's a nice one

mustang1988
08-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Posted in wrong thread.

MHISSTC
08-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Darn you guys!

You're going to catch me in a moment of weakness one of these days and I'm going to have to purchase one of these cheap 944s as a daily driver. I'm looking at used 600-650cc UJMs in the $1000-$1500 price range to help on fuel expenses driving back and forth to work. If I can get heat, AC, radio, stay out of the weather, take kids to school, take it to the track occasionally, and it makes me look cool (is that possible???), I might be able to sell the idea as a backup "family car" I can stand to drive.

Hank is installing a set of sub frame connectors and doing some exhaust work on a fairly low mileage '83 Capri L with 3.8L V6 that I've already designated to serve this purpose, so I might have to get rid of it do make this idea happen. :(

What kind of fuel mileage can I expect to get from a 944 in town if I keep my foot out of it? I know it won't match the mpg of a motorcycle, but I wonder if it will be better than the Capri.

MHISSTC
08-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I think I like this one better for the same price...mostly because it's NOT red.

http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/783198824.html

mustang1988
08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I tried to buy that one for my wife, but someone beat me to it. She would have used for daily driver/HPDE.

RichV
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Darn you guys!

You're going to catch me in a moment of weakness one of these days and I'm going to have to purchase one of these cheap 944s as a daily driver.

Daily driver!?!?! I wouldn't be caught in one at the track, let alone in the neighborhood. Scott, we need to talk. Schedule like 20-30min for me at Hastings. :P

svochuck
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
20 MPG is easy .

svochuck
08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Daily driver!?!?! I wouldn't be caught in one at the track, let alone in the neighborhood. Scott, we need to talk. Schedule like 20-30min for me at Hastings. :P

yea Scott ! I think you need some more PBR. The "effect" seems to be wearing off.

MHISSTC
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey, I like 944s. :p

Sorry guys...what was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Between basement remodeling...carpet cleaning...moving furniture...garage sales...yard work...kids county fair projects, swim team, swim lessons, wife's vacation plans and honey-do lists...I have worked ZERO, yes ZERO on any of my cars (or even the Pumpkin) in the past two months.

The Lincoln still isn't track-ready. I've even gotten to the point where I've had other people work on my cars for me. The Capri is at Hanks. The Excursion has been at the dealership for over two weeks with an electrical problem the techs are pulling their hair out over. I'm not sure it'll be ready for the trip to Hastings. We sent the Pumpkin to the local body shop for straightening on their frame rack and a little cosmetic fender pounding...the local technical college for a third gear syncro replacement...and another local shop for throw-out bearing replacement and alignment.

Next week, the "goin'-to-the-dump" '79 Chevy pickup is going in to get the ticking lifter checked out along with a Ford 5.0L block and heads to be built for my CMC car. Vehicle progress is being made. I'm just not the dude doing it right now. Therefore, it's been a while since I've had my mechanical fix and I guess I'm just jonesing for a car...any car...any running car of my own right now that's not my wife's mini-van. I hate that thing.

ker
08-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Darn you guys!

You're going to catch me in a moment of weakness one of these days and I'm going to have to purchase one of these cheap 944s as a daily driver. I'm looking at used 600-650cc UJMs in the $1000-$1500 price range to help on fuel expenses driving back and forth to work. If I can get heat, AC, radio, stay out of the weather, take kids to school, take it to the track occasionally, and it makes me look cool (is that possible???), I might be able to sell the idea as a backup "family car" I can stand to drive.

Hank is installing a set of sub frame connectors and doing some exhaust work on a fairly low mileage '83 Capri L with 3.8L V6 that I've already designated to serve this purpose, so I might have to get rid of it do make this idea happen. :(

What kind of fuel mileage can I expect to get from a 944 in town if I keep my foot out of it? I know it won't match the mpg of a motorcycle, but I wonder if it will be better than the Capri.

:eek: scott, have you looked at your avitar?

944-spec#94
08-07-2008, 08:42 AM
What kind of fuel mileage can I expect to get from a 944 in town if I keep my foot out of it?

25 to 32 mpg. For a street car use the 215/60 R15 size or 16" wheels 205/55 R16 and the taller 5th for best around town mileage.