PDA

View Full Version : AI/CMC wild times at Hastings

CMC#35
08-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Full report will be out in a few days. But suffice it to say, there were wild times on the track this weekend.

And as hard as it is to even type these words...those darned CakeEaters sure do know how to straighten out a car! Pictures will have to be posted, or you won't believe it! Rich Vogl watched in wonder as they worked on his car, and then went out and ran like a banshee on Sunday.

(curiousity piqued? good)

-chris

fhudsonjr
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Let's see! Let's see!

BADVENM
08-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes, great time both in the rain and in the sun. Hats off all of the AI and CMC cars that were slippin off, back on, slippen off and back on again without missing a beat and to those who were behind them that missed contact with them both days...great driving!

You wont believe the before and after pictures of Richs car.

What do you get when you combine a Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, a tow strap, big hammers, dedication and a mindset from various drivers and non drivers along with Richs front end?

Mantees were ALMOST handed out in the CMC/AI main event by yours truely :eek:

I've got some great video to share (since I was in the back I got to see most of it :)), just need to get it off my 8mm tape...I know its so 90s technology.

joestang
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
I was also thoughtful enough to take video of the "repair" job. :p They are on Rich's camera, so we'll have to make sure he doesn't accidentally delete them, and instead POST 'EM UP!

Overall CMC/AI did great with the conditions Saturday. There was some awesome racing, especially those down to the line, make it or break it finishes!

Thanks for the show.

95sprtcpedrvr
08-11-2008, 03:40 PM
On Sunday the only sad thing was that there were two late arrivals for grid that ended up coming on track 1 lap down. Ironically they were both wearing the same number. :D
But miraculously a bright orange Mustang #35 was able to slip in before he got lapped,;) and recieved the luck of the Irish when a full course caution came out.

Special Ed GT
08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Great job straightening-out Rich's car! i'm sure the beer helped!

MHISSTC
08-11-2008, 08:15 PM
On Sunday the only sad thing was that there were two late arrivals for grid that ended up coming on track 1 lap down. Ironically they were both wearing the same number. :D
But miraculously a bright orange Mustang #35 was able to slip in before he got lapped,;) and recieved the luck of the Irish when a full course caution came out.

Four of them were caught napping in the pits.

Had the sleepy-heads actually been a lap down at the start, it would have meant an easy second place CMC finish for Team Incidental Contact instead of fourth. As it was explained to us, due to the location of the pit out lane after the start/finish line, the late-comers technically crossed the start/finish line in the paddock area. That kept 3 out of the 4 on the same lap as the rest of the pack who managed to make it to grid on time and who took the green flag on the racing surface.

Compounding the issue was the "NASCAR Yellow" to pick up a cone between turns 3 and 4 during the race. With a full course yellow and no one able to pass the safety vehicle, the stragglers very easily caught up to the main pack. Once we went green again, the faster cars moved to the front within a lap or two and we moved down to fourth place.

:mad: <---there's the extent of my editorializing

bpanther
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
"no one able to pass the safety vehicle"

Rephrase that, "willing to pass." Only the lightning race group will pass a safety vehicle....

MHISSTC
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
"no one able to pass the safety vehicle"

Rephrase that, "willing to pass." Only the lightning race group will pass a safety vehicle....

The key there is we were under yellow while following the safety vehicle. Without a CLEAR INDICATION from the safety vehicle of where they would like us to go around them, I don't think anyone was willing to try it...especially after the grief a few of us took after making passes under yellow at our last event in Pueblo.

Add to that the "surprise visit" by the safety truck earlier between turns 12 and 13 with cars running full tilt around a mostly blind turn 12, and there's another reason I don't think the Thunder group was willing to try going around.

95sprtcpedrvr
08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Four of them were caught napping in the pits.

Had the sleepy-heads actually been a lap down at the start, it would have meant an easy second place CMC finish for Team Incidental Contact instead of fourth. As it was explained to us, due to the location of the pit out lane after the start/finish line, the late-comers technically crossed the start/finish line in the paddock area. That kept 3 out of the 4 on the same lap as the rest of the pack who managed to make it to grid on time and who took the green flag on the racing surface.

Compounding the issue was the "NASCAR Yellow" to pick up a cone between turns 3 and 4 during the race. With a full course yellow and no one able to pass the safety vehicle, the stragglers very easily caught up to the main pack. Once we went green again, the faster cars moved to the front within a lap or two and we moved down to fourth place.

:mad: <---there's the extent of my editorializing

WHAT!?!?!? I haven't looked at the results yet but from what I have witnessed, even with the yellow, the great pumpkin had a podium finish!
So the transponders can be picked up in the paddock???

I declare Shenanigans!!!
2 of those three late comers came out onto the course after the lead car went by S/F completing the first lap. Even if they passed over the S/F line in the paddocks ahead of the lead car they are still a lap down being that they were passed by the lead car AND never passed him to get back on the lead lap. So they were lapped when the lead car was on his second.

I guess this would need to be explained to me because I was throwing my left arm out in support of your guys podium finish.

Plus this would have meant that the safety truck would have waved the two lapped cars by, which I didn't see.

BADVENM
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
2 of those three late comers came out onto the course after the lead car went by S/F completing the first lap. Even if they passed over the S/F line in the paddocks ahead of the lead car they are still a lap down being that they were passed by the lead car AND never passed him to get back on the lead lap.

Thats how MHISSTC understood it and explained it to me (I think). I wasnt aware of the missing cars or where and if they were on the track, I had a windshield full of #26 to worry about :)

Snymo
08-12-2008, 11:38 PM
The key there is we were under yellow while following the safety vehicle. Without a CLEAR INDICATION from the safety vehicle of where they would like us to go around them, I don't think anyone was willing to try it...

Safety vehicle or pace car? Safety vehicle is the red pickups with red/white/yellow flashing lights and those should be able to be passed while under yellow. Now, the pace car (my blue GTI with blue lights at Hastings) is a different story. I will say that if anyone tries to pass me without my (and race controls) express permission, there will be sever penalities! :eek: With that said, I just do what I'm told by race control and don't determine when/why a safety car should be deployed.

As a side note, I very much appreciated the efforts of the Thunder drivers on Saturday to get me back to the front of the pack after the waived off start. I did everything I could to get back to the front from pit lane but just couldn't make it happen before pit out. It took the combined efforts of several drivers to get me up front without incident between T2 and T3 and that was very, very nice to see.

Rick

supermac
08-13-2008, 07:40 AM
I declare Shenanigans!!!

"I swear I am going to pistol whip the next person who says Shennanigans"

bpanther
08-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey Raybob.... What's the name of that Restaurant you like?

MHISSTC
08-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Safety vehicle or pace car? Safety vehicle is the red pickups with red/white/yellow flashing lights and those should be able to be passed while under yellow.

I think you're right. Were you out there then? It makes more sense not passing the pace car than the safety car. I think I'm confusing sessions, but it still doesn't change the basic story.

At this point I'm lucky I can remember anything about the weekend other than... drive, drive, drive, eat, sleep, drive, eat, drive, eat, drink beer, yank Rich's car straight with a truck, sleep, drive, eat, drive, drive, eat, drive, drive.

BADVENM
08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
I think you're right. Were you out there then? It makes more sense not passing the pace car than the safety car. I think I'm confusing sessions, butit still doesn't change the basic story.

At this point I'm lucky I can remember anything about the weekend other than... drive, drive, drive, eat, sleep, drive, eat, drive, eat, drink beer, yank Rich's car straight with a truck, sleep, drive, eat, drive, drive, eat, drive, drive.

You fixed the Pumpkins broken tailight wire while others were yanking on Richs car.

95sprtcpedrvr
08-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Why is it that when I make a declaration somebody threatens to pistol whip the next person that makes one.

:p

Weston
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s195/cop982002/shenanigans7sy.jpg

raybob9289
08-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey Raybob.... What's the name of that Restaurant you like?

Shenanigans!!!:D

bpanther
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Ok..... Off topic.

Joe Dirt or Super Troopers for the next movie night?

Coloradomark
08-18-2008, 10:51 AM
What happended to the video for Saturday night? It's Monday morning and I need some entertainment!

95sprtcpedrvr
08-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok..... Off topic.

Joe Dirt or Super Troopers for the next movie night?

How about Joe Dirt Saturday, and Super Troopers on Sunday???