PDA

View Full Version : A special Thank You thread

bpanther
08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Most of you were lucky enough to have left the track already, but while we were getting packed up, my daughter Misha was unlucky enough to take a major tumble off the pit bike smashing her face on the pavement, knocking out a tooth and getting some serious road rash on her poor little face.

First off, she is doing well - nothing broken and fortunately has no head injury of any sort. It just looks like she got smacked a few times with a baseball bat :(. She's been spending a lot of time sleeping off the pain meds and "enjoying" yogurt and soup through a straw.

We expect her to be back up and running soon and should be ready for HPDE at PPIR.

We normally sit back and read all of the thank you threads after a weekend, but Revkah, Misha, Kyle and I all felt that it was necessary to thank our NASA family.

Kevin and Susan Rogers - Being on site ASAP and then keeping Kyle's spirts up under a stressful time. Getting Rick dinner so he didn't have to have another burger (or a Runza :eek:)

Joanne and Gary Miller - Lending the Suburban back as our method of transportation back from the ER and Orthodontist. Plus major moral support for everyone.

John, Nancy and Sean Clark - Again, major moral support and the forward thinking to sell John Pershing your car (more on that later!!!)

Rick Snyder - Drove Misha and I to the ER, came back and then shuttled Revkah to the ER, back from the ER to Walgreens, to the Orthopedist, waiting just because you "want to make sure everything is ok" and then back to the track.

George Anderson - Getting us all of the resources we needed in a strange town. George was lining up any medical doctor we needed and ready to call them at home even though it was a Sunday night. Calling the next AM to make sure Misha was OK was the topper, but then again George doesn't do anything 1/2 assed :D.

Finally - John Pershing and his son Matt. After the ER shoved the tooth back into her gum they recommended that we see our dentist as soon as we could to insure that the tooth would stay in and not die. Not an easy task being 400 miles away on a Sunday night. In a strange twist of fate, John Pershing - brand new NASA HPDE student who bought the Clark's old car is an Orthodontist in Hastings. A quick call to John resulted in him and his son quickly finishing their planned Sunday dinner and meeting us at their practice. Dr. Matt did the heavy duty work and John assisted. I've never seen such accurate and meticulous skills performed by two people wearing sandals, shorts and print shirts!!! They splited the tooth and got us in and out in about 30 minutes.

While they all say, "No problem, we would have done it anytime for anyone.", we feel that this is just what makes the NASA familiy what it is. Unselfish and caring.

We can't thank everyone enough for pitching in and making this tough evening as easy as possible. Also, to everyone who has called/PMed/emailed/etc on Misha's condition - thank you so much .

Dave, Revkah, Kyle and Misha.

cullenwinter
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow, that's too bad about the incident, but great the way everybody chipped in and things worked out. We hang with a great group of people. Dave, please PM me your mailing address again, I've got something to send to your gang. Here's to a speedy recovery, glad she didn't hurt her fingers :)

95sprtcpedrvr
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry about the accident but very glad that everything turned out alright. We look forward to see Misha moving up to group 2 and hopfully without the need of a pillow. ;)

CMC#35
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow. Kat and I are so sorry to hear about this, but thrilled to hear how folks pulled together.

Misha, please get better, fast.

-chris

Munch
08-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Keep the spirits up and get well soon, Misha! ;)

(From one of your fellow MPH Group 1/2 Miata drivers - Ryan)

ianacole
08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow!! Please extend our wishes in a speedy recovery.

MountainRider2
08-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Really sorry to hear about the accident and really proud of the NASA family support and response. Our thoughts are with you!
Ken & Mo

MHISSTC
08-12-2008, 09:44 PM
OUCH!

I'm glad to see the NASA family came through again and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

chris_venturini
08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I saw kevin speeding around on the scooter as we were leaving and was wondering why the rush. Sorry to hear, yet glad the NASA family was able to help so much. Get well soon Misha from Chris and Hillery.

Snymo
08-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I know that any one of the NASA family would have done the same thing without hesitation. I just happened to be there and was more then happy to help. I'm just glad that Misha is on the road to recovery so quickly! :D

Thanks to Kevin and Susan for dinner, i really didn't want another burger! ;) Thanks to Gary and Joanne for swapping cars with me to make it easier to pick everyone up from the ER. And thanks to Sean for being willing to be stuffed in the trunk of the GTI with my tools and race tires to make sure everyone got back from dinner. :eek:

Misha, get well soon and we'll see you at PPIR!

Rick

joestang
08-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Get Well Soon Misha!!! I need you back out there in our group so I have someone to follow around. :D

This make me so glad to be part of this NASA community knowing how everyone comes together.

Keep us up to date Dave. We're always here to help.

Michelle
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Dave and I are so glad to hear that she is alright!!! It's nice to know that we are racing with a great bunch of people. Can't wait to see you all at PPIR!
We hope you are feeling better soon, Misha!
The Dirks

Bob34
08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Get well soon Misha! We'll see ya at PPIR.

From the Boileau family:)

svochuck
08-14-2008, 12:24 AM
It's nice to know that we are racing with a great bunch of people.

WOW this is so true ! Our friends in the military were life and death partners when the call went out of a mishap the network kicked in. I find my friendships in NASA are equal and even superior in many ways ! Great People !

Thanks

zvtran
08-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Even though I couldn't make it to Hastings, I want to wish Misha a speedy recovery! In life, it not what happens to you, but how you and others deal with with it that's important. Sounds like everyone came through in an exemplary manner!!

Zung

Dave 90TT
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Get well soon, Misha. Wish I could have been there to offer assistance. Actually, wish it never happened in the first place, but it least it does show, once again, what a great group the NASA-RM folks are.

GaryM05
08-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Joanne and I are glad we could help, but it was nothing that anybody else in our NASA family wouldn't have done in that same situation...we were just the ones who happened to be there at the time.

Glad to hear that Misha is on the mend after that experience, and that it doesn't sound like there are any long-term injuries. :)

RichV
08-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Glad all ended up well. Give her my best!

NASA Fam rocks in all ways!