PDA

View Full Version : Nascar 2003 this Saturday night

svochuck
11-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Well our test session went pretty good . We had 6 local and 3 out of state racers running Nascar 2003 last weekend .

So if you would like to join in on some pc racing all you need is a PC (I have 1 or 2 extra) and a wheel ! We will race at my house from 6:45 till around midnight. Bring snacks and drinks.

If you can't make it over to my house you can still race with us over the internet.

Who's in ?

Weston
11-14-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm in. I might bring my whole computer rather than the laptop... it turns out that having a decent frame rate makes the game a bit easier to play. I'm running 1:15's at Papyrus now. This game looks pretty good with the graphics turned all the way up too.

svochuck
11-14-2008, 01:12 AM
1:15 ! ... looks like i'm wishing for third now...

jgray
11-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Where can I get a copy of this Sim? Are you guys playing with any add-on tracks? Are you strictly racing ovals? Sorry for all the questions, I'm not too familiar with Nascar 2003. If I can get it set up, I might try hooking up with you guys on the internet.

Joel

svochuck
11-14-2008, 10:49 AM
there might be a copy of the game out in cyber space but the discs are hard to come by. last time i checked it was 2x what i paid for it back in 2003. at any rate we race a track pack (you can get it from file planet). Gary has a copy .

we can make it work.

chris_venturini
11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Ill be there to sweep the podium yet again.
Since Weston is bringing his more powerful comp and youll have your desktop chuck, we should play a round of race 07 too.

Weston
11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I was going to see if I could just buy a disc, but that's hard to do. The company that made it lost their contract to make NASCAR games, so this was the last one they made (the newer ones are made by someone else and aren't the same quality), and it's not sold in stores anymore, so it's really hard to come by.

I was able to find a disc image on Bittorrent that isn't a 100% exact copy, so it wont satisfy the CD check when you run the game, but it will let you install it, then you can install the track pack and game update (you can find them on gaming download sites), and then use the no-CD crack. The crack that the Bittorrent download included actually crashed the game when I ran it on my Vista 64-bit system, but I found another one that worked. Just make sure you have current anti-virus software if you go downloading stuff like that.

Ill be there to sweep the podium yet again.
Since Weston is bringing his more powerful comp and youll have your desktop chuck, we should play a round of race 07 too.

I seem to be doing better on the Anderstorp track, except that the last really tight turn is a spin magnet when driving the BMW.

Bottoz
11-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Weston,
I think I found that same ISO. It worked fine on my XPx86 Laptop. I haven't added any Track Packs though... and I still need a wheel.

chris_venturini
11-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I seem to be doing better on the Anderstorp track, except that the last really tight turn is a spin magnet when driving the BMW.
yeah, the bmw definitly requires alot of throttle modulation and though its harder to drive its the faster of the two cars. That last turn is second gear at 40mph but really important to hit just right coming onto the straight.

svochuck
11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I have race 07...

MHISSTC
11-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I guess I'm too old-school to be cool.

I was digging through the computer disks today and it looks like I have the original Papyrus/Sierra NASCAR Racing with NASCAR Track Pack with copyrights on everything ranging from '94-'97.

I looked up Multiplayer Racing in the instructions and it tells me it's possible to have two players compete againt one another by connecting their computers together using a null-modem cable, or between two modems running at least 9600 baud.

:(

Weston
11-15-2008, 02:34 PM
I guess I'm too old-school to be cool.

I was digging through the computer disks today and it looks like I have the original Papyrus/Sierra NASCAR Racing with NASCAR Track Pack with copyrights on everything ranging from '94-'97.

I looked up Multiplayer Racing in the instructions and it tells me it's possible to have two players compete againt one another by connecting their computers together using a null-modem cable, or between two modems running at least 9600 baud.

:(

Yeah, I had that version too. It was pretty cool for it's time.

svochuck
11-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow that is the only one I don't have ! It is the reason I talked Jen into our first home PC !

The kids were busting on me for a wheel with a MIDI connector ! ?

Dillon
11-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Haha! My old laptop (P133 from 1996) has a serial port on it, and back in the day I actually used a null modem cable to play Starcraft with my friend. I still have it too :p

Anyway, sorry I couldn't make it last night guys. After getting up at 4:30AM, towing out to PMP, driving, and towing back in one day, I was just way too exhausted, and I've been fighting a cold too. Next time though!

MHISSTC
11-17-2008, 07:38 AM
I got my first PC when I was in college in the mid 80s. Since then, I think all but one of our PC upgrades have been driven by game requirements. It hasn't been my games either, it's been the kids "educational software". The kids are the ones who got the PS2 also. My wife justified that purchase by designating it as our "DVD player".

I do have copies of GT3 and GT4 along with a slew of other driving simulators and arcade-like driving games, but no wheel. I've let Santa know for about the past 5 years that I really want a wheel. I looked up the wheels everyone was talking about and now that they are both PC and PS2 compatible, this might be my lucky year!

I need to get this online racing thing figured out. The 6 and 2 year old are willing to race against me, but their driving skills leave something to be desired.

svochuck
11-17-2008, 10:58 AM
The 6 and 2 year old are willing to race against me, but their driving skills leave something to be desired.

Kind of like AI ... POP , BAM , SMAKALACKA

GaryM05
11-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Sorry to have had to miss this one - hopefully everyone survived the evening! :)

Dillon
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey Chuck, are we racing again this weekend?

(We should probably just make this the official NR2003 / lan party at Chuck's house thread)

Weston
12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I've got a brand new 22" LCD to LAN party with now... Now I can defeat Chris in exceptional clarity, and without a CRT hogging up the whole table!

Bottoz
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I've got a brand new 22" LCD to LAN party with now... Now I can defeat Chris in exceptional clarity, and without a CRT hogging up the whole table!

But Chris's secret weapon (Fury of Table Bump) will get ya!

Weston
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
But Chris's secret weapon (Fury of Table Bump) will get ya!

That's true... we'll need someone to bring something to anchor the table with.

svochuck
12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
poor chris ...