PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pace Car drivers

Snymo
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Have you ever wanted to drive the Pace Car?? Well, here's your chance!!

Starting with the High Plains Raceway weekend (April 18-19) and continuing for the 2009 season, I will be training interested candidates to be NASA RM Pace Car drivers. Candidates will learn how to do the following:
- Work with Grid, Control and the Race Director to coordinate the start of a race (or sometimes a qualifying race)
- Communicate effectively with the Race Director regarding pre-race, in race, and post-race issues from the right-seat of the Pace Car
- Drive the Pace Car at NASA RM races

The goal of this training program is to find 3-4 drivers that can manage the duties of the Pace Car driver and cover any NASA RM weekend this season and beyond. Candidates should be in HPDE Group 4, Time Trial or possibly race drivers who are not competing this season. Past racing experience is a plus, but not required.

If you are one of these drivers and are interested in becoming a Pace Car driver, please email or PM me for more information.

Thanks,
Rick

Bottoz
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Very Cool. Interested. The car isn't done yet, and won't be till mid-season.

jgray
03-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Email sent. Very interested too.

Evil86Saleen
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Very Cool. Interested. The car isn't done yet, and won't be till mid-season.

You and every one else. Check my pics over at CS to see where my mess is.

kyle

Snymo
03-19-2009, 08:51 AM
CJ and Joel, I'll add you guys to the interested list. Joel, I'll respond to your email later today.

Anyone else?

Bottoz
03-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks Rick!

Snymo
03-20-2009, 09:19 AM
So far I've heard from the following:

CJ Botts
Joel Gray
Barry Bays

I'd really like to get few more people (at least) that are interested in doing this. Everyone won't always be at every event so it would be nice to have enough people to always cover a race. This is a great way to get involved in racing without having to buy/build a racecar. If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

MHISSTC
03-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm interested in helping out when/if needed.

Snymo
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Scott and Kasim, I will add you guys to my list. Anyone that isn't an instructor interested in being a pace car driver? ;)

Rick

Snymo
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Ok, last chance for anyone else interested in pace car driving. Anyone? Bueller? ;)