PDA

View Full Version : Weather, seriously


ken7258
04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
It seems there has been a lot of joking about the weather from those that maybe don't have $600+ (2 cars + transponder) on the line for two drivers. Seriously, there is a safety issue driving sports cars in snow for 60 miles.

What are the plans for refunds and/or credit for future events. Can I cancel for Saturday, get a refund and just drive Sunday if the weather allows.

I've talked to quite a few who are wondering what the contingency plans are.

Thank you.

montanagroup
04-17-2009, 09:00 AM
my thoughts exactly. I'm driving from Great Falls Mt and ya I'm stressed.

bpanther
04-17-2009, 09:36 AM
No one wants anyone to risk their life to get to the track. If you can't physically get to the track we will work with you regarding credit toward a future, hopefully snow free, event.

If you wait and come down for Sunday we can work out something like a credit one day to a future event. We are serious about keeping our drivers happy and will work with you to make sure that happens.

--- Revkah Balingit, Regional Director, NASA Rocky Mountain.

bpanther
04-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Best advice: If you can't get here and you don't feel safe trying to, then you can't get here.


Based on what we are tracking, it seems like we will possibly get snowed on later today. Saturday will be in the mid 30's - 40's and I expect it to rain on and off like it has been. Sunday should be much nicer and anything we have gotten should go away.

People keep asking about the refund policy (the one everybody reads when they sign up):

NASA Cancellation Policy

HPDE/Time Trial/School/Open Track: Full refund less $30.00 processing fee, with at least 1 week notice prior to the event, otherwise no refunds or credits. No exceptions.

Race Groups: Fees are fully refundable provided that you registered at least 12 days in advance and you notify your NASA region within 5 days following the missed event. No partial refunds allowed. This policy does not apply to special events. Once the car hits the track all fees are non refundable.

Racers - This leaves you in the free and clear.

In general, we do not do refunds for rainy weather for HPDE. However, if for some reason we get hammered by the weather (i.e. can't drive on the track due to snow) we would obviously accommodate the HPDE folks.

If Saturday is a bust, all single day HPDE folks would be welcome to try on Sunday, but priority would go to those that originally signed up for Sunday.


I wish I had a refund option. Too bad the tracks still charge us even if we can't run due to snow.....

bpanther
04-17-2009, 09:54 AM
This may be a good tool

http://www.cotrip.org/rWeather/Two_Regions_041709_085202.html

http://www.cotrip.org/atis/web.ZoomboxMarshal?device=CCTV&Zoombox=0

Maxx Schlick
04-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Looking rough here in C. Spgs. about 6 inches of snow on the gound and snowing hard. No chance of driving my Vette, so I have put the snow tires on the 1 wheel drive BMW. Some sand bags, a snow shovel, a couple of tow straps, and a come-along in the trunk.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/maxxschlick/Jokes/DSCF0018.jpg