PDA

View Full Version : Saturday AM Update

bpanther
04-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Rain, rain, rain. Everything coming down since early this am has been water, not the white stuff.

It's just heavy slush everywhere and will take a while to clear off. We will brush the track, drive on it and clear the slush.

We will make do with what we have and the people we have (a good majority of our brave course officials are in Byers). I've raced in worse rain, just never had to deal with the travel issues.... :mad:

If you can get here safely, then come on out. If this puts you at risk - wait till tomorrow. We will be here regardless.

mustang1988
04-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Thought I would post a couple of pics while waiting for County Plow to come by. I still working on being there this afternoon.
Dave, thank you for the update, see you all soon.
Paul
PS. Kyle I attached a pic of our Bug that we bought, enjoy.
In case anyone is interested in more pics from yesterday.
http://picasaweb.google.com/manpa06/041709Snowstorm?feat=directlink

jclark
04-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Rick Snyder just called me and said that the road conditions from the airport to Bennett are a "disaster" that if you don't have full snow tires and know what you are doing, stay home. Ian also called me and said he heard from someone that 36 has a lot of slush accumulation and was difficult navigating with a suburban.

John

Lee Hodgson
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
I-70 EB is closed from mm 180 to Denver since yesterday afternoon. I'll try again to get there today.
Don't want to miss the party!

RichV
04-18-2009, 09:10 AM
It has not stopped snowing in Castle Rock since about 9am yesterday. :(

This is the view from my kitchen window. We easily have 24" of snow right now and it's still coming down.

http://www.coloradostangs.com/up/files/6/snow.jpg

Doubtful I'm leaving the house today, let alone with a trailer.

Evil86Saleen
04-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Thought I would post a couple of pics while waiting for County Plow to come by. I still working on being there this afternoon.
Dave, thank you for the update, see you all soon.
Paul
PS. Kyle I attached a pic of our Bug that we bought, enjoy.

Where is the bug? All I see is snow.

kyle

Evil86Saleen
04-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Cool. I can hear the guys plowing out front right now.

However if they dont open I70 no reason to go get the trailer and load the car.

kyle

RichV
04-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I think I70 is only closed in the mountains.

Bottoz
04-18-2009, 10:01 AM
HY 24 is a bad choice. white out and Avg speed of about 35 MPH. Made it to Limon in 2 hours. hopefully 70 will be better.

Sidekick
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm coming in from Greeley. No snow YET & we just passed thru Platteville. I need to chat with you, Dave! I'll send my number via PM.

I suspect have started this trip without a clue & a profound false sense of bravado :(

I do, however, have my down parka & rain boots! :)

weschun@aol.com
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
You guys from Elizabeth were lucky to get out. I am outside of Franktown, and now have TWO trees down in my driveway. I doubt if I'll get out until monday. The thought of using a chain saw in a blizzard is not real exciting.

FOXBAT
04-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Perhaps sic on those darn trees the recently noted herd of jackalopes! I hear that they love to dine on pine.

Grins,

--Madd Professor

Sidekick
04-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Made it to Brighton & still no snow. Rain in abundance tho.

Brad
04-18-2009, 10:34 AM
What a crazy storm. Centennial, I-25 & county line road roughly, there's ~18" of snow and it's still coming down. I'm skipping today, will try to make it out tomorrow.

-Brad

weschun@aol.com
04-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Perhaps sic on those darn trees the recently noted herd of jackalopes! I hear that they love to dine on pine.

Grins,

--Madd Professor

Sadly, the jackalopes have all left the area due to all the noise from the new Deerfield Municipal Airfield.

It is beginning to look and sound like a war zone out here with all the trees coming down.