PDA

View Full Version : 944-Spec mentioned in November issue of Excellence

GaryM05
10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
There's an article about 14-year old 944-Spec driver Austin Newmark from Arizona in the November issue of Excellence, with a fair amount of coverage on NASA and the class included in the story.

It's a 4 page article with some pretty good pictures, starting on page 97 - go hit your local Barnes and Noble and check it out (sorry if this is old news, but I was surprised to see the article while leafing through the magazine this evening, and hadn't seen any previous mention of it.)

GaryM05
10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Here's a link to the first page of the article on the magazine's website:

http://www.excellence-mag.com/art2/art2p1.php

It's nice to see an article about a low-cost Porsche racing class in a magazine that typically focuses on the much higher dollar aspects of the Porsche universe.

svochuck
10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for pointing this out . I did not know when it would be printed.

944-spec#94
10-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Yep,
Nice to see excellence take notice of us. I may need to contact them again for another story just on 944 spec. I would need come up with an angle however.

The 14 year old racer is the angle I used to spark their interest in the first place. I was hoping for more 944 spec coverage, but I am happy we got something.

nkgosselin
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
I just pitched an article about building and participating in a first race to Pete. I sent him the article and pictures. He said he would take a look. Joe, if you have been in working relationship with him before, maybe you could shoot him an email follow up.

Robbie
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I think the Dirks' as a husband/wife racing team is a good angle. You could throw in Weston and Chris as a gay husband/husband racing team. :p

svochuck
10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
yea, yea what a great idea and we could use the whole LaJunta deal as a primer.

Or we could find a different husband wife team .... ?