PDA

View Full Version : Tech Days - Annuals & New Logbooks

bpanther
02-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Here's a list of possible days to get your annuals & new books issued before the season starts:

March 20th

In conjunction with one of PPIR's test and tune days. Get some pre-season testing done and get your 2010 logbook & annual out of the way at the same venue.

Combined with GTS Dyno Day

March 27th

Combined with AI/CMC Dyno Day

TBA

bpanther
03-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Bump!!!

If you can make one of these days, please do it vs trying to get your annual done at the track.

RagingAardvark
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
if there's a spot open for the 27th, we'll have CamillaZilla there :)

bpanther
03-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Don't forget to take advantage of the tech days happening.

In particular, at PPIR next weekend:

Kick off the 2010 Race Season with SCCA, NASA, RMVR, Legends, and Jr. Dragsters at Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR) on March 20!

PPIR will host open track time for sports cars from 8am until 2pm with no lunch break, for only $100! Annual tech inspections also available!

At 2pm, PPIR will reconfigure the course and have Jr. Dragsters on pit lane and Legends on the small oval.
If a car has more than one driver, each driver must pay. All drivers must be licensed racers or had successfully completed a PDX or HPDE class. We will separate run groups if necessary. This will be one of the last times to run at these low winter rates: Fees go up to $150.00 per driver on April 1st.

Everyone should benefit from this day:

• Drivers get a chance to get rid of the cobwebs and dust off the old car.
• Drivers can get their cars tech’d in a warm, dry environment.
• Inspectors can do a bunch of annuals all in one day, in one place.
• Clubs can benefit from cross pollination.
• Eliminate last-minute inspections the night before the first race.
• This doubles as a social event, no racing, no points, just fun.

Join your racing compadres at PPIR on March 20 as they offer up their track, garages, and time to help kick off the 2010 season and help make sports car racing fun in 2010!

bobcowan
03-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I probably can't make it on either of those days. I had planned on coming to the track early on Friday, the 9th. Can I get my tech and log book signed then?

The rules for TT allow us to do the inspection with the same form we used to do it with - the HPDE form, and then use a log book for self inspection. Not nearly as technical as the racer form, since most TT cars are street cars. With these new log book rules, can I get my car inspected by the local shop that used to do them before every event? It's the same inspection they've been doing for years, just with a log book. That would save me a lot of time and hassle, since they'll be doing some dyno tuning for me.

DGrande
03-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Is there a list posted of the "NASA authorized competition vehicle tech shops"? I found the list of "HDPE tech shops" but no mention if they are also approved for race car annuals. I can't make the PPIR event or the GTS dyno day - both on the 20th.

Special Ed GT
03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Doug, follow the "Where to tech your car" link on the left of the RM forums pages. The HPDE list includes a note underneath the names of the shops that are also authorized to perform race techs and to issue logbooks.

Bob, we will perform tech inspectons on race weekends as usual, beginning Friday afternoon of each weekend. During the April race weekend, I'll complete a race car inspection form that you can keep with your lohbook, and that will take care of you for the entire year unless you make changes or unless the rules change.

Hank

DGrande
03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks Hank - I saw that but was hoping for a shop located north of Denver. Do you know what the process is to get a shop approved? Maybe I can convince a few up here to go through the process.

bobcowan
03-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanx, Hank. I'll come down to the track in early afternoon on the 9th.

BlueBolt
03-15-2010, 07:50 AM
I have looked in the posts and found the requirements for HPDE inspections is having a certified tech. No mention of requirements for race car inspection, what are they? Is there any demand for inspections in Grand Junction? Do you ever need help at the events doing inspections? I might try to help out if I can fit it in the schedule when I come over for an event. After that I might consider doing inspections for HPDE or race car over here if needed.
Lee

dandeman
03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Is there a list posted of the "NASA authorized competition vehicle tech shops"? I found the list of "HDPE tech shops" but no mention if they are also approved for race car annuals. I can't make the PPIR event or the GTS dyno day - both on the 20th.

Doug and others north,

You can bring your car to BimmerHaus Performance for a tech. We should have new books and annual stickers by the end of the week.

All we ask is that you make an appointment first. Go to bimmerhaus.com for how to get to the shop - there is a good map.

Dan Goodman
BimmerHaus Performance

Special Ed GT
03-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes; Bimmerhaus is an authorized race tech shop. Dan, I'm not sure why you're not on the list for this year - get with Dave and he'll add you.

Special Ed GT
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I have looked in the posts and found the requirements for HPDE inspections is having a certified tech. No mention of requirements for race car inspection, what are they? Is there any demand for inspections in Grand Junction? Do you ever need help at the events doing inspections? I might try to help out if I can fit it in the schedule when I come over for an event. After that I might consider doing inspections for HPDE or race car over here if needed.
Lee

Hi, Lee. The race tech requirements can be found in the Competition section of the CCR. We do not have an authorized race tech shop on the Western Slope, mainly because if you live far away from a race tech shop you can have your car inspected at no charge at the track.

We could use some help performing inspections at the track. If you'd like to discuss further, feel free topm, email or call me (click the link below for contact info).

Hank

nasa-rb
03-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes; Bimmerhaus is an authorized race tech shop. Dan, I'm not sure why you're not on the list for this year - get with Dave and he'll add you.

There is a section that fell off the pdf. I'll get it fixed.