PDA

View Full Version : Great event and photos?

bschweig
06-01-2010, 09:12 AM
This was my first NASA event. It was a super good time and very well run. I am totally hooked. Special thanks to my instructor, Jim. He was professional, personable and I think I learned tons (my last session felt so much smoother than the first). Perhaps the best part (for 'my car is the best' inner child) was how many times you can hear Jim on my in car video exclaiming 'wow I need more horsepower!' as I powered out of a turn (on a late apex by the end of the day!)...

I do have one noob question. I think there were pro photographers there. Will these links be up in this forum some time soon? Or are these elsewhere?

billy
#99 2008 STi

Dillon
06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Glad you had a good time! But yeah, I believe there were a couple professional photographers at the event. Links to their pictures are usually posted on here within a few days. I think most of us are still trying to decompress from the long weekend :) Sometimes there are also amateur photos posted, so keep an eye out.

hammerevo
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
That thing is a monster Billy! Thanks for the kind words and it was a pleasure to watch you progress through the day! Hope to see you at the next one!

Weston
06-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure who all was taking pictures, but there definitely were a few, so I'd expect pictures to surface in a few days... A saw a number of people snapping pics as I was spinning through Turn 1 during Sunday's main race. :o

jgray
06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
A saw a number of people snapping pics as I was spinning through Turn 1 during Sunday's main race. :o

That must be why you spun out there. Maybe watch the track next time and not the fans and photographers. ;)

G-Man
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I have a few photos from Saturday circa 11am. I will post them here unless someone has a better site.

Weston
06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
That must be why you spun out there. Maybe watch the track next time and not the fans and photographers. ;)

Yeah, that sounds better than the real reason. :o

chris_venturini
06-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah, that sounds better than the real reason. :o\

lol, I'd just roll with it Weston.

I know that Mitchell Taylor took a TON of great pictures this weekend and should have them up shortly.

bschweig
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
That thing is a monster Billy! Thanks for the kind words and it was a pleasure to watch you progress through the day! Hope to see you at the next one!

Jim

I have registered for both days at RIPP and hope that we can arrange you as my instructor?

As far as an eval ride for going to class 2, we can play that by ear and I do see advantages to staying in 1 this season so I can always have a co pilot?!

thanks
billy

G-Man
06-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Some pictures! These were taken Saturday morning about 11am-Noon from near Turn One. (If you'd like a full-size, high-res copy, just pm or email me.) G-Man

JScheier
06-04-2010, 06:15 AM
G-man... any pictures from the cross-over?

Sorry man... couldn't resist ;)

hammerevo
06-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Jim

I have registered for both days at RIPP and hope that we can arrange you as my instructor?

As far as an eval ride for going to class 2, we can play that by ear and I do see advantages to staying in 1 this season so I can always have a co pilot?!

thanks
billy

Awesome, its going to be fun running backwards at RIPP. I will talk to Scott about the pairings beforehand and see if he can pair us up, but odds are you would get me since our cars are so similar. Good thinking about staying in group 1 too, it doesn't hurt to stay in 1 with an instructor and tighten everything up. It will help to avoid getting into bad habits and it will make your transition to group 2 and 3 much easier.

See you there Billy!

ker
06-04-2010, 09:22 AM
I will talk to Scott about the pairings beforehand and see if he can pair us up,

we will consider this, but make no promises since we don't know how many of what car types have signed up until the morning of the event (there may be late sign ups or instructor changes). but then if you don't ask, then .....;)

we have several instructors who have driven many different car types (fwd, awd, rwd, high and low hp/tq etc.)

billy, very wise to want to get as much out of our instructors as you can. it is really amazing how much easier things are if you're not in a big hurry and want to spend more time learning the proper technique rather than concerned about group number. those who learn technique well typically progress faster through the groups and get faster quicker doing it ;)

G-Man
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
John,
Now, that was funny!
(To those who don't know, my transmission was broken when I arrived - didn't realize this until I headed on track, so, my day was coasting the straight and parking on the cross-over, then back onto the trailer.)

JScheier
06-04-2010, 07:02 PM
John,
Now, that was funny!
(To those who don't know, my transmission was broken when I arrived - didn't realize this until I headed on track, so, my day was coasting the straight and parking on the cross-over, then back onto the trailer.)

Kinda like the SCCA event too, no?

:D

G-Man
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
No, no - completely and totally different.
THAT was a clutch problem! (or so we thought.)

pcazzola
06-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Amateur photos... Blitz group.

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad337/pcazzola/HPR%20May%2029%2030%202010/

bschweig
06-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Amateur photos... Blitz group.

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad337/pcazzola/HPR%20May%2029%2030%202010/

nice pics..

im still hopin some of the pro photogs whe were there post some links up for the whole day....