PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G27 wheel?

GraemeD
07-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Anyone have a Logitech G27 wheel?
I am looking at buying one, but would like to get some personal feedback on them and or see one in the flesh.

Thanks

ianacole
07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I have a G25, and love it!

GaryM05
07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with either the G27 or it's predecessor, the G25 (in case you're able to find one of those for cheap). The control is very precise, the force feedback is nicely done, and the 900 degrees of rotation give you a much more realistic range of motion than the 270 - 450 degrees that are commonly found in PC steering controllers. Also, there are a lot aftermarket customizations you can make to it that dramatically improve the overall feel and level of control (most of which are for the pedals, which are already better, out of the box, than what most other wheels come with).

The biggest downside is that it's not compatible with XBox, but if that doesn't matter to you, then it's well worth the money. My G25 is just about to die after 3.5 years of heavy use, and when it does, I'll probably pick up a G27 to replace it for PC racing (the competing Fanatec Porsche wheel does well with XBox, but I found it to not be quite as useable on the PC, as it's damping is a lot heavier than the Logitech wheel, which makes quick steering corrections a lot tougher).

jgray
07-19-2010, 08:57 AM
My G25 is just about to die after 3.5 years of heavy use

When he says 'heavy use' he really means it. Gary does more sim racing (on PC and Xbox) than anyone I know. I'm sure he's gotten his value out of his G25.

I have a G25 too, but haven't used it as much, but I would agree with Gary on all the points he's mentioned here. It's an excellent wheel, shifter and 3 pedal design. I just hate all the cables, but that's just me. The performance and build quality are unmatched to anything else I've seen on the market.

Joel

GraemeD
07-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys,
gotta start prowling Amazon for the best price now!

jgray
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
They're difficult to find, that's for sure. I ended up buying my in-store at Best Buy. They didn't have them for the longest time, then one day they had a few in stock and I snatched one up.

95sprtcpedrvr
08-03-2010, 07:21 PM
they're difficult to find, that's for sure. I ended up buying my in-store at best buy. They didn't have them for the longest time, then one day they had a few in stock and i snatched one up.

ditto!!!

GraemeD
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I ended up ordering one from Amazon.com. Should be here in a week or so