PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Del Armstrong
08-21-2010, 06:09 PM
One of the great things about NASA-RM is that you guys are always coming up with something different. Who would have thought of having a one day HPDE/TT/Test & Tune event at HPR. Brilliant!

Thanks to Revkah and Dave, Kevin, the instructors, corner workers and safety crew. You guys all made today a wonderful event (at least while I was there.)

Special thanks to the safety crew for dragging me off the track when my car went kaput. :rolleyes:

G-Man
08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I'd like to second Del's comments -
1. Thanks! Tons of fun!
2. Great idea to do a one-day event!
3. Special thanks to Justin on Corner 5 - sir, your next Gatorade is on me. Thanks for running to help me (twice) in 95-degree weather.
4. And like Del, a special thanks to David on safety for the tow ride home.
(Transmission and drivetrain were great - now it's a fuel issue. Maybe vapor lock?)

cobrad
08-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks corner workers and staging. It was hot out there, you all did a great job.

CMC had fun running with each other and believe it or not Joe does have a car. Great car Joe I had fun running with you.

See you all in Oct.

Brad

bobcowan
08-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Dell, what happened? I saw you get towed back. Looks like you're having about as much luck as I am this year.

BlueSuit
08-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Definitely a great start for me with the organization! Really enjoyed the people, the track, and boiling my brake fluid :rolleyes: Lessons learned for next time, thanks for everything.

Thomas

zvtran
08-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks to the whole RM NASA family for another great track day, in spite of the heat and wind.

Special thanks to Dave Dirks for some extraordinary :eek: coaching (a spin around the track?)!

stealthy1
08-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone for another buttery smooth event. Great turnout, new faces, hot lapping and good friends. How could ask for more? Ok, maybe a little less heat.

Corner workers, safety, instructors, and everyone who had to endure the heat without much or any drive time, my hat's off to you. NASA and it's family is awesome!

RichV
08-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone for a great event. It was a great turnout and much needed HPR tracktime for myself. I even went out the extra session and worked on my line and shifting.

My appologies to the HPDE4 guys/gals, we do play a little rough in CMC. I don't think we upset anyone but it takes a little retraining of the mind to realize you guys aren't used to off-line driving and going into turns 2+ wide.

Thanks for putting up with us. :)

Colombia28
08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks to everyone! Corner works, staging, organizers, safety, the lot! Thanks for another excellent day!

nasa-rb
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it work! Wish we could have been there but are really enjoying the Indy cars too :D

Robbie
08-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeee ha! What an awesome event! Big thanks to Dave and Revkah for making this happen, thanks to Kevin and Shaun for making things go smoothly and thanks to the corner workers and grid workers for enduring the heat for all of us!

I can't wait for October!

hammerevo
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks everyone for a great event. It was a great turnout and much needed HPR tracktime for myself. I even went out the extra session and worked on my line and shifting.

My appologies to the HPDE4 guys/gals, we do play a little rough in CMC. I don't think we upset anyone but it takes a little retraining of the mind to realize you guys aren't used to off-line driving and going into turns 2+ wide.

Thanks for putting up with us. :)

Yeah, that was interesting going 3 wide into 13 when I was having a mechanical problem.:p

BlueBolt
08-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks to all of the NASA RM gang. Another smooth and enjoyable track day. The special treat was the bonus session with only a handful of cars. I doubt if I will ever again get that much room at HPR to just play.
Lee

95sprtcpedrvr
08-23-2010, 08:34 AM
HEAT!? What heat? From my vantage point I was suffering from the wind. From now on I'm going to be bringing my ski goggles to wear in the future.
So to let everyone know you might see some weird looking guy in the S/F stand with big X-ray vision goggles on. All the better to see you with my dear!

FAASST#2
08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Del, you sure are a happy guy for someone that broke early. I want to say you only got 2 laps in??? Sorry to see :(