PDA

View Full Version : If you Don't have a Steering wheel

raybob9289
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Dudes,

You can't swing a dead cat and not hit a MS wheel on ebay for cheap.

example (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-360-wireless-Steering-Race-wheel-force-feedback-/260945671146?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3cc192f3ea)

chris_venturini
02-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I would but.... That's the price of 3 springs and shock for the late model...

bpanther
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
WTH...? I think I need help.

Your search returned 0 items.
We couldn't find results for your exact search; however, we found alternative matches. Or you can try removing some options to expand your search.
We found other stuff close to what you're looking for

Retry your search with fewer keywords.
571 items found in dead cat
469 items found in swing cat
49 items found in swing dead
Learn more about searching: Search tips | Advanced search commands

MHISSTC
02-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm watching a bunch of Microsoft XBOX 360 wheels on Ebay right now. One just sold this morning for $116 with Forza3. There is another one selling with the NASCAR game too. A lot of them are starting in the $40-$50 range.

Snymo
02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Just an FYI, be careful with used MS Wheels. There are build elements of the wheels that deteriorate over time and in some cased cannot be repaired. I've had the pedal box and wheel apart recently to clean/lube/repair little issues before they become fatal issues. The paddle shifter sprints/joint and the pivot points on the pedals in particular are suspect to failure. The plastic-on-plastic pedal joint on mine is close to failure with the base plate starting to crack and the pedal moving in multiple directions. Granted I've used mine a lot over the last couple of years! ;)

So, if you are looking at a used one, make sure you find out how much use it's had and/or if there are any issues with the moving parts before you shell out $$$$.

MHISSTC
02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks Rick. That's good to know. I also found in my searches a mention of the earliest version going up in smoke when using the power adapter and there being a recall and modification of some kind.

95sprtcpedrvr
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I had to ditch my MS wheel and got a Fanatec last year and love it. Still using the MS pedals unfortunately but sometime in the future a shiny new set of Clubsport pedals will grace my feet.
I'm still working on my cars and will hopefully have my T/A ready at least. See ya'll tonite!!!

svochuck
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
I would but.... That's the price of 3 springs and shock for the late model...

yea that's 2 weekends worth of 10" racing slicks !

Dillon
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I got my MS wheel off denver craigslist for $50, boxed and everything. I've used it regularly since 2009 and never had any problem with the build quality personally, though it's definitely cheaper built than something like the Fanatec wheel. Maybe I got lucky though. The only bad thing that's happened is that the clip on the RJ11 plug for the pedals broke, so now the cord falls out.

There are a couple cheap ones on CL right now actually:

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2825331520.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2790288271.html

Snymo
02-07-2012, 07:46 AM
OK, I caved and bought a Fanatec CSR wheel and CSR Elite pedals. They just added a new value pack which included a set of the CSR shifters that I couldn't pass up (details here (http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=112)). ;)

Scott, are you interested in my MS wheel? It's definitely been used (A LOT!) but it works and I'd give it to you if you wanted it.

supermac
02-07-2012, 08:31 AM
OK, I caved and bought a Fanatec CSR wheel and CSR Elite pedals. They just added a new value pack which included a set of the CSR shifters that I couldn't pass up (details here (http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=112)). ;)

Scott, are you interested in my MS wheel? It's definitely been used (A LOT!) but it works and I'd give it to you if you wanted it.

Rick I want, scratch that, I NEED that set up!
Can you PM me with where I need to go to buy them?
Thanks
Cody

Never mind, I figured it out and ordered mine!!!!WoooHooo I have wanted one of these forever!

Snymo
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Cody, as you figured out (and for anyone else interested) you can only get the Fanatec wheels online. I wish I could have seen/tried one before hand, but from all accounts they are VERY good. I'll post up pictures and a review once I get it all setup.

For more info, go to www.fanatec.com

jgray
02-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Forza won't recognize the clutch though, will it? It's only going to allow the sequential shifter (either paddles or the stick). Just sayin'.

edit: I wish I could find a way to use my Logitech G25 with Xbox... I'm collecting steering wheels like nobody's business!

Snymo
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Joel, that's why I went with the Fanatec. It's compatible with the Xbox, PS3 and PC. Also, from my research the clutch works with FM4 (although it can be a bit touchy at times).

jgray
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Well, there wasn't a Fanatec option when I bought my G25, nor an Xbox 360 at my house...

So I have a lightly used GT Wheel, MS wheel, and the G25... I'd sell all of them if it would get me close to buying the setup you just got... but getting potential buyers to understand how kind I am to my electronics might be a difficult sell.

Any takers?

Snymo
02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Scott passed on my wheel offer so I'll open it up to anyone else. If you are using the hand controller and are interested in a FREE wheel, just PM me here.

Dillon
02-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Chris needs one :p I think he's the only other one in our group without a wheel...?