:: OTHER INFO
Download Forms
Other NASA Regions

:: OUR SPONSORS

Custom Exhaust, Headers, Roll Cages, and 

more...

Performance Shop and Dyno

Go Back   NASA RM Forums > General > NASA National News

NASA National News Announcements from the Administrators. This forum is "Read Only".

Old 02-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
bpanther
RM Regional Director

Vehicle(s):
1998 Ford Monte Carlo ST3
2016 NASA Elan NP01 #16
2017 Toyo Tires NASA Contingency Programs

Napa Valley, CA – (February 8, 2017) The National Auto SportAssociation (NASA) is pleased to announce the official 2017 Toyo TiresContingency Support Program. Whatever class you run in be it Racing,Enduro or Time Trials, Toyo Tires is offering you the chance to win “ToyoBucks”. Competitors in our American Iron, Spec Iron, and CMC classes will beeligible for nearly $5,000 in awards per weekend. Participants in the NASAPrototype NP01, Spec E46 and Factory Five classes will be eligible for up tonearly $4,000 per weekend while the smaller tired classes of Spec Miata, SpecE30, and 944 Spec will be eligible for up to nearly $2200 in awards perweekend.

Toyo is also bringing back their extremely lucrative NASAChampionships contingency program making up to $10,750 in cash awards availableto each NASA class that specifies the use of Toyo Tires. In total,Toyo Tires is making over $300,000 in cash awards available to NASAcompetitors at our two Championship events in 2017!

“The Toyo Tires contingency program is the best in theindustry” said Jeremy Croiset, NASA’s Director of BusinessDevelopment. “Their program allows our competitors the opportunityto stretch their racing dollars further and get more out of their year becauseof choosing NASA and Toyo Tires. Their contingency program really is second tonone in the industry. Toyo continues to demonstrate their commitment to amateurmotorsports continually giving back to their customer and we’re proud to havethem onboard as the Official Tire of NASA.”

"We continue to enjoy a wonderful relationship withNASA and the fantastic membership that races with them” said Marc Sanzenbacher,Senior Manager of Motorsports at Toyo Tires. “The competitors that choose Toyoas their brand of choice are very important to us and we’re thrilled to be in aposition that allows us to give back to every single one of them.”

These programs are availableimmediately for NASA competitors to take advantage of and Toyo Tires willretroactively honor any awards submitted for 2017 within the next 30 days. Forcomplete details on the new 2017 Toyo Tires Contingency Program, pleasevisit https://www.nasaproracing.com/contingencies.

More...
bpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
JoeC
Forums Member

Vehicle(s):
14 Subaru BRZ
Is there a Toyo discount for NASA members who participate in HPDE?
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
bpanther
RM Regional Director

Vehicle(s):
1998 Ford Monte Carlo ST3
2016 NASA Elan NP01 #16
Not at this time for Toyo. Once in a while, Maxxis does a program for HPDE.

Here is a list of some companies and partners that help out across all levels. The Winding Road Program is awesome for HPDE participants.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/benefits
bpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
JoeC
Forums Member

Vehicle(s):
14 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpanther View Post
Not at this time for Toyo. Once in a while, Maxxis does a program for HPDE.

Here is a list of some companies and partners that help out across all levels. The Winding Road Program is awesome for HPDE participants.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/benefits
Thanks for the info. I just sent a message to Maxxis to see if they are able to offer a discount.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #5
Pat
NASA Member

Vehicle(s):
2014 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Thanks for the info. I just sent a message to Maxxis to see if they are able to offer a discount.
Hey Joe, I left someone at Maxxis voicemail on Monday (I think). I'm hoping to learn what their contingencies and/or discounts are this year, too. I still haven't haven't heard back. Let us know if you come up with something, please.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
JoeC
Forums Member

Vehicle(s):
14 Subaru BRZ
I got an email reply same day from Maxxis. I told them I run HPDE with NASA and wanted to see if they offer an discounts:
--------------------
Thank you for your request.

We currently do not offer any discount on the RC-1. We currently only offer an aggressive contingency for Time Trial Competitors.

Your Maxxis Support Team
--
Maxxis International – USA
Email: MaxxisSupport@maxxis.com | Web: maxxis.com
---------------------------

I went ahead and bought a set of the RC-1 today direct from Maxxis. Apparently they throw in a free t-shirt when you buy 4.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #7
Pat
NASA Member

Vehicle(s):
2014 BRZ
Great, thank you, Joe.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote